Inspiring Quotes

I like to think that I am an optimist.  But last week, it happened. I had a less than optimistic week and a less than optimistic outlook. Despite my earlier blog, I fell into a February Funk. The high point of my week came at the very beginning watching my son’s hockey team pull off a big win in their final game of the season. That was on Sunday night, and that was the high point. But I was already off to a rough start prior to the game and probably set myself up for the fall.

So, here it was, now Friday afternoon. I had made it through the dismal week but had not managed to “pull myself together” like I usually could.  It was at that point on Friday afternoon that I picked myself up, brushed myself off and did what many women (and some men) would do to reset their mindset; I went shoe shopping! Yes; just the mindless act of looking at the different shapes of the shoes and how they make your entire leg feel when you slip the shoe on your foot is enough to make a person feel better. It’s great retail therapy. 

Brown leather knee boots, 4 inch leopard print heels, open toe red wedges, black patent pumps and yes, spring sandals…ahh…I felt better. Don’t you wish everyone’s down days could be resolved with a little shoe shopping?

As busy as life is, not everyone has the time to play Cinderella, so this week I have decided to include some inspirational quotes to help boost your optimism as you approach the last week of February hurdle. The thing I love about quotes is that they are open for personal interpretation.  One small sentence can encourage you to think about things in a different light. Here are a few quotes I like.

Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm. Ralph Waldo Emerson

If everything’s under control, you’re going to slow. Mario Andretti                                            

The harder you work, the harder it is to surrender.

Breathe. Let go. And remind yourself that this very moment is the only one you know you have for sure. Oprah Winfrey

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. Helen Keller

Fear less, hope more, eat less, chew more, whine less, breathe more, talk less, say more, hate less, love more, and good things will be yours. Swedish Proverb

If all else fails, put a smile on your face and go shoe shopping.
Be inspired to have a great week!


Barb


Vince Lombardi